1. I'm still unwell, and I'm just cancelling everything in the days ahead now. It's very sad to miss out, but I'm quite proud and satisfied by the number of things I was looking forward to. 2. Idly gazing out of the window, I see very definitely that the foliage has tilted over into autumn colours. 3. 'That is a bold decision,' I tell a pea green caterpillar that is lying, velvet soft, along a nasturtium stem. I'm now even more motivated to bring the pots indoors during the overnight frost we've been warned to expect at the weekend.
1. We're having a rough few days with long sleep and disrupted nights, but 'some of that pasta from yesterday' heated up in the microwave with a tablespoon of water bumps us over this hour. 2. It was just a quick glance in a busy day, but the sky at sunset, framed cigarette card style by the bathroom window is readily available when I close my eyes. 3. The way spinach wilts into a brownish mess of lentils and vegetables and makes it look like food.
1. Nick has to stand over me while I do it -- but at last I submit my tax return. 2. We have the fancy Christmas pasta for supper: striped sombreroni baked in tomato sauce; and for pudding Nana has sent four small ginger curd pastries. 3. I'm not sure when on my walk it happened, but the rain has eased and now I can see a few stars between the clouds.