Monday, October 03, 2022

Welcome, I know what that was and compost.

1. The toothy smile on the birthday boy's face when he catches sight of Alec.

2. They shout that it's cash only from now on and the woman in the queue ahead of me turns away. But she is called back and given a free pizza slice. 

As I am leaving the shop, I hear her tell her little girl, 'I know what that was. She's my godmother.'

3. I spent an hour in the sunshine on Saturday turning and sifting the compost heap; and now I have soil to pot on some languishing houseplant cuttings and to finish a number of tasks that have been -- similarly -- languishing at the bottom of my to-do list. 

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...