Friday, August 16, 2024

Errands, chore and garden.

1. Nick and I take a box of bric-a-brac to a charity shop; buy some biscuits and a few birthday cards; and post a letter. Either of us could have done these errands -- but it's more fun to do them together. 

2. The sound of Alec vacuuming the stairs -- dust-free for another week.

3. It is growing dark, and drizzling slightly, but this is the first time I've had to do my bit of gardening for the day. There is just time to do tomato admin, deadhead the geraniums and relocate a chicken nugget-sized orange slug. I also note that someone must have kindly watered the front garden while we were away, as the full watering cans I left out are empty.

Balance, greetings and sand.

1. In the scrape, a robin balances on the broken clay at the water's edge. 2. There is a friendly feel to the lower cricket ground today...