1. Nick has to stand over me while I do it -- but at last I submit my tax return. 2. We have the fancy Christmas pasta for supper: striped sombreroni baked in tomato sauce; and for pudding Nana has sent four small ginger curd pastries. 3. I'm not sure when on my walk it happened, but the rain has eased and now I can see a few stars between the clouds.
1. We've slipped a barcode into the packaging, and the courier has a label. This box will be passed from hand to van to hand to hand, and in due course, there will be a refund for this failed monitor. 2. The work that seemed impossible last week? I'm going to deliver it ahead of the deadline. 3. The pop of thread pulling through fabric tight in the hoop.
1. We are fairly sure that even when we've slogged up the hill, we won't be high enough to look down on the morning's mist lying in the valley and in the town's bowl -- but we can still hope. 2. Of course, as soon as I put the lunch on, the late-running boiler man taps at the door. 3. The night before food tech: bright portions of vegetables packed into boxes and stacked in the fridge, and dry ingredients waiting on the breakfast table.