Friday, April 21, 2006

Adventurer, ping and procrastination.

1. I'm quite into my gentleman adventurer stories, so finding The Vesuvius Club (graphic edition) was very exciting. It features a louche-looking artist called Lucifer Box, Charlie Jackpot his beautiful manservant, as well as purple zombies and some disappearing vulcanologists. Meet Mr Box here.

2. Discovering that I have a dangerous serve in table tennis. It's very girly and falls slightly short, making it hard to return. The boys are impressed -- for now.

3. I have been putting off making the insurance claim for the African face slashing adventure, because I hate collecting documents and filling in forms. Just as I am about to do it, the Mother rings up -- one last bill has come through that ought to be paid before I can claim.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...