Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Happy families, memory and Piranesi.

1. The children and I play two games of happy families, and no-one throws their cards down and storms out.

2. I do a writing exercise from Sarah Salway's Everyday Words that centres on a happy memory. I work my way back through time to the long walk I made across the Weald. Afterwards, I check the details in this blog -- and of course, the account I made then differs from the version I've pulled out of my head.

3. I've come late to Piranesi, but my goodness, I'm enjoying it so much. I feel so sad and sorry about putting it down each night, and in between I can't stop thinking about it.

Voting, brownie and listening time.

1. The way polling stations appear overnight, apparently constructed from office supplies, and then vanish again at the end of the day. 2. T...