Friday, April 22, 2022

New person, pursuit and race.

1. Mostly my cousin's new baby just wants to feed -- but I do get to hold her, and stare into her dark blue eyes for a moment. Then she goes back to rooting across my chest and cardigan,

2. With a handful of sunscreen, I chase a mischievous three-year-old down the garden. I'm glad it's not just my children who were very, very tinksy.

3. I have an idea that if I'm quick-smart making my connection, I won't have to wait half an hour -- and sure enough there is a train to Tonbridge waiting all the way down the platform. I have to run, pulling off my mask as I go but I just make it to a seat in the first carriage and replace my mask feeling very, very pleased with myself.

Voting, brownie and listening time.

1. The way polling stations appear overnight, apparently constructed from office supplies, and then vanish again at the end of the day. 2. T...