Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Steady rain, canon and heat.

1. We wake to the sound of steady rain after a few hot, dry days.

2. I tumble down a bit of a rabbit hole after a social media discussion of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major -- you'd know it if you've ever been to a wedding. I toss a couple of sketches from John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme into the thread, and then queue up some of his other works on Spotify. 

3. I quite enjoy the heat therapy part of my physio -- it's such a simple, pleasant intervention. The choreographer Twyla Tharp in her book The Creative Habit describes heat as her sacrament, and that's one way of considering physio tasks. 

Basket, free cake and chilli night.

1. 'I love shopping,' Bettany announces as she tows the basket around The Range.  2. As it was my birthday, there is a free cake wai...