Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Going in, underground and nerve.

1. Because he is not in it, I can straighten Alec's bed and quickly tidy his room.

2. I've got chatting to another mum waiting for her daughter's before-school haircut. She used to work for London Underground, and she is full of cool information about unions and risks and tunnels and the unseen parts of stations. By the time I look back round, Bettany's hairdresser is carefully plaiting her damp hair so it will be wavy in the morning.

3. MS Office in not behaving. But even though I have a lot of work to do, I've got the nerve -- and the patience -- to set an update running and walk away for a break.

Coffee on the common, keeping track and into it.

1. Nick and I coordinate our schedules with the weather and the coffee van's opening days and find ourselves sitting on the common enjoy...