Saturday, July 08, 2006

Chore, British food and de-clutter.

1. One task I dread at work is sending out a mailer. The process involves lots of steps -- and a mistake at any point makes the whole thing fail. The software is arcane and makes bizzare demands that I don't understand. And the result of an error (100 people getting an e-mail telling them to take a course that doesn't exist) is lots of apologising and hard work. So when I manage one successful mailing, I am pleased; but to do two in an afternoon, well you can imagine the transports of delight.

2. John P buys me a warm paper parcel of fish and chips.

3. Making a bootfair pile and seeing how much space there is in the flat.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...