Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Be happy, first day of school and The Shipping News.

1. As always, he tells me to be good. I tell him it will be a tall order. And very seriously, he says: "Well be happy then."

2. As I start work, a mother and two little boys in school uniform come out of the footpath at the corner of the car park.

3. The Shipping News by E Annie Proulx -- one of my favourite novels ever. It's a story of redemption in an unforgiving climate. Finding books in our house is all about serendipity, and I am very glad to have spotted this lying on a heap of role-playing fanzines.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Shipping News too. The book had so much more depth than the film. I wish I hadn't seen the film now, but it's too late. I often feel like that, which I guess is why I don't watch many films.
    I haven't visited your blog before – nice idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.