Friday, May 01, 2020

Children's voices, cashflow and hailstorm.

1. We get the children video-chatting with their friends, and it's nice to hear different children's voices.

2. It's a bit of a juggling act when you're a freelancer. I want to maintain a stream of regular work to keep a good cashflow going; but I do need to take the odd big project on to bump up our income. And each month when I'm scheduling my work I have a horrible moment when it all seems like too much. Then I remember I have a few reliable, trustworthy colleagues I can hand routine work over to.

3. I am deep in my work when the sudden wild hiss of a hailstorm -- the sort that sets off car alarms -- brings me back to the world.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...