Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Foresight, scent of wet ground and listening in.

1. I've had the foresight to put on cold-brew coffee first thing, and at coffee time, in this heat, we drink it from tall glasses with a little milk and some ice.

2. The scent of wet ground from next-door's watering.

3. Poking about on Spotify I discover it has put together a playlist of folk music for me -- some familiar, some not. I'm rather struck by Vashti Bunyan (who had a brief music career in the late sixties, was erased by disillusionment and motherhood, and then sprouted anew in the 2000s and is now getting all of the respect), and by The Copper Family (who look like they've just come in from laying a hedge, or cutting a ditch). And of course there's my Lockdown favourites, Ninebarrow and The Full English. And Spotify being Spotify throws in some songs from Bagpuss as well -- because why not.

Obscure reference, corn beef hash and that chocolate.

1. Today's episode of Zombies Run!  opens with a reference to an Australian improv show, which I only know about because of my habit of ...