Monday, June 26, 2023

Strivers, drifter and the find.

1. Across the fence my neighbour and I spend a little time observing what grows well in our part of the world -- namely a covetable grass that has escaped from the garden over the road into a crack in the carpark's tarmac. And why Spanish daisies thrive down in the bin alley but reject our careful planting and nurture.

2. Digging around in the crate containing our marble run, I find the dried body of a bone white spider so light that it floats, hanging on a breath of wind coming through the back door.

3. Just after 10pm on Sunday, after a whole weekend of looking, I find Alec's bushcraft whistle-with-a-compass in one of Nick's dad boxes. He is examining  another stash of things that might one day be handy and doesn't witness my triumph. So I blow -- very gently -- to alert him.

Obscure reference, corn beef hash and that chocolate.

1. Today's episode of Zombies Run!  opens with a reference to an Australian improv show, which I only know about because of my habit of ...