Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Good spot, all together and sleep.

1. The rewards of virtue. I took my bottles and tins to the recycling bins, and what did I find sitting on top of the book bank but a little pile of unwanted singles - vinyl and CD. I had a good fertle through and ran away with a stash - a Thin Lizzie with a striking over-exposed photo cover; a Bananarama single with a scribbly birds and fishes design on the label; Shangrila and This Man He Weeps Tonight by The Kinks; and some Indie sampler CDs.

2. When you have everything you need -- passport, selection of payslips, other forms, recent bills, certificate of hygiene, bronze swimming award, pen -- to fill in an important and complicated application form.

3. Going to bed early -- in clean sheets -- with all chores down.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...