Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tourists, courtship and wool.

1. Japanese ladies gathered outside a hotel. One of them was making notes about a flowering bush.

2. Blackbirds and what they might be saying:
Him: I am going to ravish you.
Her: Oh oh, my wing is broken, I can only hop. I will just have to submit to your rough masculinity... nyah nyah, not really. (flutters across the path)
Him: I mean to have you, even if it must be burglary.
Her: (from the next patch of grass) Shyah right. This worm is bigger than anything you have to offer.

3. I am knitting a tension square for a pair of socks. I am using it to hone my knit-two-purl-twoing. I like the moment when the knitting is long enough so you can see the ribbed pattern for the first time.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...