Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Pennies from heaven, journey and eggses.

1. Because of the travel plans and various other things (saving for a new boiler, moving my mortgage, expensive tastes), extra pennies are very welcome now. So a beautiful thing is when freelance work falls into your lap right when you need it even though you hadn't been looking because you're in full-time work. I'm checking corrections to a fat book on human rights for the data management company next door.

2. Big fat envelopes from travel agents. The one I am particularly thinking of confirms that Rosey and I will definitely be going away to Africa for nine whole weeks, covering darkest, dankest part of next winter and the horrible biting wind part of Spring.

3. A box of speckly brown eggs.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...