Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cheese, chocolate and bathers.

1. Brie that is exactly the right sort of ripeness. I don't know how you like it, but I like it so the outside is bloomy and the inside not sticky but still has a bit of bounce.

2. Dime bars have changed their name: they are now Daim, so we can be just like people in Europe. It's sad in a way, but they are still crunchy butterscotch covered in particularly nice chocolate, so not that sad.

3. Buying bathers: what a nightmare. There is so much that can go wrong, and I usually end up paying more than I meant for something in turquoise and mauve that I hope will rot and fall apart quickly. Today, however, I found a sale at the leisure centre and bought two. One is iffy (magenta and black and too revealing for Zanzibar), but the other is dark blue with flattering stitching and a neat 1950s belt. Very chic.

Eggshell, turkey oak and grateful.

1. Smacking a hardboiled egg to break the shell. 2. Pale green leaves on the huge oak tree at the corner of The Grove. 3. There is nothing q...