Friday, January 13, 2006

Compliment, furballs and fish.

1. When people say: 'That's a nice cup of tea.' (or coffee).

2. Roborovski hamsters. They are round about the size of a large thumb -- small enough to squeeze through the bars of a normal hamster cage -- and they zip around so fast that you can't see their legs moving. They prefer living in a little pack and are endlessly entertaining to watch -- tonnes better than television. I saw a cageful in a garden centre pet shop and I want some now. Read more about them at Petwebsite.com.

3. The garden centre also sold fish -- there was one in particular that was blood red with great long fins. It just hung in the aquarium looking back at me. But I still like the tetras best with their luminous blue stripe.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...