Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Autumn, staff of life and time for bed.

1. The orange leaves on the horse chestnut trees signal that change is on its way.

2. Troll bread -- Flour Power City's caraway and raisin -- is so filling that if I have a couple of slices with my lunch, I don't think about eating again until suppertime.

3. I watched The Magic Roundabout movie, which I'm not going to recommend, but there were certain things I liked -- the ice-fanatic Zeebad looks like a Siberian shaman; and Dougal pretending that he was scared of sugar lumps so that Zeebad's henchman fed him 26 thinking it was torture.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...