Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Little birds, traveller and good book

1. Sparrows splashing in a puddle outside the office.

2. Ringing home and finding the my little bro has arrived home safely after travelling from Turkey to Sofia, from Sofia to Prague and from Prague to London.

3. Making time at the very end of the day to curl up on the sofa with a book -- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, which is hard work but tremendously enjoyable. The reason it is hard work is that I always want to make an occasion of reading it. For me, it's not a book to pick up in odd moments -- I think because its rich descriptions transport me into the world, and I want to be totally immersed. The best way of doing this is to enclose myself in the little circle of light at the end of the sofa and the little circle of time right before bed.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Picking up a jar of cinnamon and getting a sudden urge to visit lands where cinnamon grows wild.

    2. Remembering that the free lunchtime early music concerts nearby where I work start up again tomorrow, after a long summer break.

    3. The clinking of spoon-on-ceramic which suggests to me that my coworker is really enjoying her soup.

    (ps- I love the idea of making an occasion to read a particular book)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment about 3BT.

If you would like to advertise a product or service on this blog, please get in touch so we can come to an arrangement that is more satisfactory for both of us than comment spam. Any unauthorised ads will be deleted.

If comment moderation is on, it is because of spammers.