Sunday, November 22, 2009

Joy, friends, and new family

1. I go upstairs to put on my dress in a bedroom full of golden sunlight. The photographer is pleased - and I'm pleased, because we'd been told to expect heavy rain.

2. I don't even know what to say about Janey's cake - except that I cried when I saw it, because it was everything we'd described to her.



3. Walking down the aisle and seeing all my friends and family ranged on either side.

4. It's when the registrar presents us as Mr & Mrs Law, and that's when I start crying.

5. Pete said, 'During Nick's speech, Rachel was in pieces, Jeni was welling up, Tim was welling up and I had a problem with my contact lens.'





Ed: Good luck to Clare and Nick! It was a very happy wedding, just the way they wanted it. They are off on honeymoon now but Clare has lined up some guest writers in the mean time, hope you enjoy.

Further Ed: Clare has sent me some more BTs to post from honeymoon:

1. Looking into Nick's eyes as I said my vows, and feeling as if this part of the ceremony was just between us.

2. The ripple of laughter as people identified our recessional music.

3. My parents swapped seats at dinner. I loved to see them chatting to Nick's parents - they'd never met before.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your joy with all of us. One of my favourite things is reading your single sentence stories of everyday love - you and Nick always make me smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very best wishes and congratulations to you in your new life. You deserve every blessing that life has to offer. I look forward to 3BT in the future. Thank you for sharing your lives - every beautiful thing.

    Many blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo and hooray and huzzah. Now get off your blog and get on your bloody honeymoon, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brimming with joy - eyes loosing water for some reason.. I see a lifetime of happiness!! sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed be you and yours.
    May you both create many happy memories to share in old age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you've gone and made me CRY!! The best of everything to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You couldn't resist sharing these moments with us! Glad it was as you hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-) I am so happy for you. Wish you and Nick all the joy in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.