Thursday, May 06, 2010

On the fence, up the hill and The Winslow Boy.

1. The lady who lives over the road stops to talk to the blackbird on her fence. He's very bold.

2. To see a friend driving up the hill towards me. She has dropped by to see if I was in. I wasn't, but I am now (nearly).

3. I go to see The Winslow Boy and run into Anke and Mrs Anke. There is an empty seat beside them, so I hop down two rows to join them: "Like a mongoose," says Anke. The play is excellent -- lots of subtle laughs, issues to chew over and characters to sympathise with. I thought the boy was particularly good, wavering between child and man.

Filler, thirsty and in the north.

1. Smearing a bit of filler into the holes in Alec's bedroom wall where we've taken out screws and fixings. We're summoning the ...