Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Up a ladder, storm and chocolates.

1. I am woken with the horrid words: "There's no hot water, darling girl." I send an unwilling husband up a ladder to check the boiler. "Yes, I know you're going to be late," I tell him, "But I thought you'd be more cross if I went up by myself." Lucky for us, it's just that the central heating needs repressurising -- the landlord has left a helpful note next to the valve -- and the house is soon full of ticks and clunks and warmth.

2. There's a storm coming in -- oily black clouds are looming over us, the light is tobacco stained and a wild sunset is rampaging on the horizon. The landlord hopes he can get home before the rain comes in from Sussex.

3. There are two chocolates left, that is all.

4 comments:

  1. It was all right -- one each! And it was an enormous box to start with, about a foot square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "tobacco stained" light - fantastic. A new follower, loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi 3BT, I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and today posted a link to it on mine... Thanks for your BTs

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.