Sunday, December 18, 2011

Considering, don't care and a night alone.

1. There are a lot of things that need doing: a Christmas tree, presents to buy and wrap, washing, cleaning, supper to consider -- but the most important thing is that Alec wants to be close to me. He burrows in, hot and damp. He doesn't want to feed -- he just wants to rest his cheek on the bare skin of my chest.

1b. I bring the Christmas box down, and lay out the Christmas books.

2. When he asks what I want for supper, I tell him that I don't care. "I don't want to think about, and I don't want to deal with the consequences." He says: "Fish and chips."

3. To go to bed in the spare room and know that Nick will deal with whatever the night brings.

5 comments:

  1. You are such a great team! Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your little one feels better soon! Everything else takes a back seat to a sick child, even meals and holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fish and chips have no consequences. Poor fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare
    I thought you might like to take a look at some of the wonderful trees made out of books - always an option if a real tree is too stressful to buy with your poorly boy.
    http://www.themarysue.com/12-christmas-trees-made-out-of-books/

    I hope he feels better soon - when my little girls were sick the plug in carvol, whilst revolting to adult noses, seemed to clear them a bit at sleep time.
    Best regards
    E x

    ReplyDelete
  5. No consequences for me, Joe.

    I've got peppermint oil on knotted hankies all round the room, and it seems to help, Capricorn.

    There's a Christmas tree shortage this year, too -- that's the other reason why we haven't got one.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.