Monday, December 19, 2011

Morning baby, the noise and finding a tenner.

1. I've had a night -- alone -- in the spare room. When Nick brings Alec up in the morning, I am very pleased to see him with his soft baby hair, plappy hands, four-and-a-half teeth and his skinny legs and big fat nappy bottom.

2.  When Alec is happily engaged in something, he often makes a little noise that sounds like "um-hum". It has a resigned cadence similar to "heigh-ho" or "oh well". This morning, he says it as he takes himself off the breast. 
"I really like that noise," I tell Nick. 
"So do I."

3. At the cake stall: "I've got enough for one cake. Which would you like?" And then: "Ohhh, Nick, I've found a tenner I didn't know I had. You can have as much cake as you like."

2 comments:

  1. I've been sharing your blog with friends for a while, especially with my sister, who's been going through a rough time, and I just wanted to say thank you for always making my day with your posts! I've been inspired to do the same on my blog, and it's really helped to change my perspective. Thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy Three Beautiful Things, and that it's helping you.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.