Monday, January 14, 2013

Back to bed, running well and hard being two.

1. Alec sleeps for a good long stretch -- Nick and I lie snuggled together until nearly 3am. When Alec calls, I go down. He comes to meet me on the landing and leads me gently back to our bed.

2. The stinging cold air makes my lungs panic -- but I do not and soon I am breathing comfortably. When we get home Alec asks with hope in his voice whether Daddy wants to go for a run.

3. While we are (still) settling Alec off to sleep at 9.30pm Nick says, after he has abandoned an evening of watching football, "There are some days when it's very hard being two."

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...