Thursday, January 03, 2013

Morning cuddle, sick and coming down.

1. I am glad that I risked waking Alec by rolling him over to the other side of the bed so that Nick could join us for a sleepy cuddle before his first morning back at work.

2. I'm still not at peace with this nausea, but the sips of water that I take for it are keeping me hydrated. This morning I stood up too quickly and had to rush to the bathroom. Alec followed me in and patted me kindly on the leg.

3. This afternoon I left Alec asleep upstairs and came down to the kitchen to catch up with my emails. The sound of him coming downstairs to find me.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...