Monday, November 24, 2014

New game, craft and shoes.

1. While it is still dark Alec and I lie in bed together and whisper about things. I tell him that there is a new chapter of the tablet game Monument Valley out -- and I don't think I've ever seen anyone get out of bed and into his clothes with more enthusiasm. We eat breakfast together, just the two of us, before we begin.

2. Two mothers escaping into the rain for a paper craft workshop. We spend a happy couple of hours with Freckles and Fire making decorations without small hands tugging at our legs. It is such a luxury to be able to focus completely on the task at hand.

3. The clippity-cloppety sound that suggests Bettany has asked Nick to help her put her new shoes back on.

3 comments:

  1. hello, missus! i am thrilled to find you are still over here making a little corner of cyberspace more mindful and positive. i'm not sure how i got out of the habit of reading your three wonderfully crafted sentences each day, but i definitely need to remedy that! i'm especially happy/impressed by what you wrote for the depression alliance! over the years, i've told a number of people about your incredibly simple but BRILLIANT idea, and it's always pleasantly shocking to find how practically helpful it is --especially when one is having a hard time in life-- to look around and NOTICE the "tiny insignificant joys" because they are ALWAYS THERE, we just sometimes get out of the habit of seeing them! thank you very much for pointing that out and continuing to lead the way, it really HELPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, ohh, I'm glad you're still there, too! I got out of the habit of looking over your work and marvelling (though I still get a lot of pleasure from the darling book you sent me -- it lives at eye-level in my kitchen-study and I flip through it from time to time).

      Counting the insignificant blessings does make a big difference to my life and I'm glad to hear it's helping others, too.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could teleport over for some Monument help from Alec. The new level is HARD! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here. I give thanks for your positive posts and friendship. Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.