Saturday, March 12, 2005

Check, paint and flowers.

1. Ticking tasks off a to-do list.

2. Eating lunch with the ever-charming James and hearing all about his new house. Buying your first house alters you in so many subtle ways. For starters you start to really care about decor. James is an illustrator with incredibly good taste, so I'm agog with excitement at the thought of what he's going to come up with.

3. At He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's request, I have been searching for sunflowers for the office flowers project. I finally spotted some on the station flower stall. I will buy them tomorrow because it won't be open when I'm walking to work on Monday. That way I get to enjoy them in the flat for a whole weekend.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...