Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bark, reality and Charlie.

1. Calvin and Hobbes because I like the way it switches between the real world and Calvin's imagination.

2. Two naughty bull terriers in coats against the unseasonable cold racing round in circles and scrapping and rolling in the grass while their owner, an oldish and very skinny man with big, thick framed-glasses, sat on a bench scribbling in a notepad.

3. I saw a fox on my way home. He saw me first, though. When he spotted me coming down the path he turned and set off into the woods. I heard him scuffling dead leaves and watched him trotting away. Apart from that first rustle, he hardly made a sound.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...