Saturday, May 14, 2005

Tooth, travel and thread.

1. On my phone is an option called Bluetooth. If you switch it on, you can see who else nearby is also switched on. It's meant for swapping phone numbers and small files, but you can also use it to randomly send pictures to complete strangers.

2. Planning a journey to be taken for its own sake with a map, guidebook and lots of little stickers.

3. Finally cracking the dreaded French knot. It's an embroidery stitch used for making flowers, and it's very hard to explain using words and pictures - the best way to learn it is to keep trying to do it until you end up with a neat little knotty dot on the fabric. If you do it wrong, you just get a stitch.

In the pond, spotted leaves and better kind of chocolate spread.

1. No tadpoles that I can see -- but something flips in the water just beyond my field of focus. 2. I take the muddy path so I can check on ...