Monday, May 09, 2005

Wavy light, reading while you eat and limber.

1. Windows with old glass in them because of the waviness. And I like thinking about all the people who must have looked through them over the years.

2. Eating icecream while reading a popular-novel-of-the-day. In this case The Jane Austen Book Club. It's light and frothy, combining intimate details about people's lives - the sort of thing you wouldn't say out loud at a book club - with the study of literature.

3. Reading that 'You will not be able to do this (yoga position) if your spine is not correctly aligned' and discovering that I could do the stretch easily. The next one - the plough - was a different matter. I got the giggles with my knees round my ears. But it reminded me of how much fun yoga is - or should be.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...