Saturday, June 17, 2006

Scooters, this way and compliment.

1. Two little girls scootering to school. In my commuting days -- this was the height of the scooter craze-- I used to walk along the King's Road, which is a place where people are so rich they can afford to make their children look like little freaks. Anyway, I used to walk past two small girls on scooters and they would always be wearing: red pixi hats with long tassels and royal blue capes that came down to their knees and red tights. They looked rather sweet, it must be said, but they wouldn't have survived five minutes at my primary school.

2. Green footpath signs.

3. Being told that Nicky wants to make her room look like my flat -- I'm guessing she means the floor-to-ceiling books, rather my 'add stuff I like and hope it doesn't clash with the curtains' philosophy of interior decor. Anyway, I'm very flattered and I'm glad she likes my gaff.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...