Thursday, August 01, 2013

Gone quiet, extra hands and clean plate.

1. Alec and Susan's younger boy have gone very quiet. When we go looking for them we find them up in Nick's attic. They are lying on the bed chatting like a couple of teenage girls.

2. I am always so happy to have another adult around at lunch time: Susan starts the cooking, then holds Bettany and wrangles our boys so I can do a bit. When Bettany starts to miss me I take her back and Susan takes over cooking.

3. Susan's older boy ate all his pasta (the littlies got distracted and ran away) so we slip him a gingerbread man (I have every sympathy with him -- I can't count the number of times I have forgone pudding because Alec had no appetite for his lunch).

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...