Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Thanks, role play and following.

1. At 2am to offer a small thank-you to my former self, who thought to put out a clean nappy, wipes and sleep suit by the changing mat.

2. 'Halp, halp, yellow ball is stuck in my throat' is not a phrase you want to hear from your toddler. Further investigation reveals that Alec has a ping pong ball tucked under his chin. We spend a cheerful 20 minutes performing first aid on each other (and for more serious cases, going to the hospital in an ambulance so the doctor can operate using a saw and a noisy drill).

3. I notice that Bettany's bright round eyes are following me (or perhaps just the sound of my voice).


Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...