Friday, August 29, 2014

Handing over, 20 minutes and treat.

1. To hand over my children for the afternoon. Within minutes of shutting the door behind me I feel myself relax completely.

2. 'Someone's turned my wax off,' says my beautician anxiously. 'Can you wait 20 minutes?'
I can. She sits me comfortably up on the couch with a cup of tea and I read my month-old Interzone. Absolutely perfect.

3. While food shopping to remember how much pleasure I get from picking out a small treat for Nick (in this case a packet of sliced chorizo).

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do I understand this! There was once upon a time when sitting in a dentist's chair, having my teeth drilled without kids in the room, felt like a spa day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our standards just plummet, don't they! I am just over the moon if I can use the loo without someone trying to ask me a question or climb on my lap.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.