Sunday, April 03, 2005

Papers, terminology and bounce.

1. The papertole on the Pantiles. It sells supplies for card-making. I love it for the decoupage scraps and the handmade papers. As well as papery things it does secondhand books and ephemera - old postcards and so on. So when I go in there I hardly know where to look first.

2. The term 'Window licker'. When asked to explain, Tena said: 'It's like a bicycle saddle sniffer'.

3. Seeing boys playing with a giant inflatable football in the Pantiles after closing time. It was so light that it bounced off the walls at first-floor height. I bet the residents loved it.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...