Thursday, April 21, 2005

Reaching out, indoor gardener and purple.

1. I have been trying to write about buds on beech trees for weeks now, but I keep getting sidetracked by other beautiful things. However, they look as if they are about to explode any day, so it's now or never. I love them because they look like little furled tan and orange umbrellas reaching out into the air. I love the way the branches shake even when there is only a very little wind.

2. I come into the office to find that someone has found a funky grey rubber pot for my spider plant - up until now it's been sitting in a sugar bowl of a lime green shade that clashes rather with its leaves.

3. The way beetroot and vinegar go well together.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...