Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rowan tree, logo and St George's day.

1. I thought the rowan tree had died in the snow -- but silver green grey buds are pricking up like the ears of watchful rabbits.

2. I really like the Google logo doodles because they remind me of high days and special anniversaries. Today they had a knight in shining armour and a blue dragon for our own St George.

3. Late night text message from Oli who I used to work with: "I heard people shouting at the dodgy pub at the bottom of the road, banging things about. I thought it was a fight and went to investigate. Turns out it was a bunch of morris dancers 'doing' St George's day." It's odd, because earlier a picture of a smug-looking John Lennon flashed up on the TV, and I immediately thought of Oli's track, Bored of the Beatles.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...