Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seeds, theatre and new leaves.

1. I buy some packets of vegetable seeds from Oxfam. The man behind the counter spends some time looking carefully at one. As I turn to go, he says: "Er, what's mesclun, do you know?"
"I think it's a sort of lettuce." I pause. I know what we're both thinking. "Not mescaline."
We have a useful conversation about peyote and legal mushrooms.

2. I take Rosey to the theatre as a surprise -- one of her favourite actresses every (Honeysuckle Weeks from Foyle's War) is appearing in a touring Agatha Christie play, Witness for the Prosecution. It's excellent, thrilling and funny and strongly recommended.

3. Walking home at the end of the night -- chestnut leaves hang damp and exhausted after busting out of their buds.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...