Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pink, startle and ready for bed.

Mrs Anke has posted about Monday evening's craft and chat.

1. He brings paeonies the colour of strawberry ice cream.

2. The magpie is cackling again. I go to the front door and startle him out of the rowan tree. The robin (who has been complaining from the safe depths of the conifer) comes out on to the very same branch, chip-chip-chipping away and puffing out his chest as if it was all his doing.

3. I've caught the cold, now. Nick sends me to get ready for bed straight after the washing up. He takes the duvet off the sofa -- saying "I hope you haven't worn all the snuggle out of it" -- shakes it, and puts it back on the bed.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...