Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tech, water and sit still.

I was very happy today to get an email from Jennifer Kinyak to say that she's started up her Daily Mammals again. The blog records her attempt to draw every single one of the 5,000 mammals known to science. I think it's a very bold endeavour -- and I love her artwork. I'm lucky enough to own the warthog, which Rosey bought for my 30th birthday.

1. "I've turned on predictive texting, and now I can't get it to turn off," says the older lady who has brought her three coachtrip friends into the cafe where we are eating lunch. "I've done it before, and I had to get someone else to help me."
"Clare knows about technical things," says Sarah, palming her iPhone under the table.
The lady's phone is passed from hand-to-hand, and I work out the options. "Tell me what you've done," she says. "Then I can do it next time.

2. I am so thirsty, and that glass of water is very welcome.

3. Restless, restless. Can't settle, can't sit still. I'm glad my husband is so patient.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...