Thursday, January 05, 2012

The walk, new view and cafe stop.

1. We set off on an epic mission to pick up a Freegle item. It feels good to walk and walk and walk on a clear afternoon, knowing that we don't have to be anywhere until supper at 5.30pm. 

2. I hadn't realised that our destination has a view out over town. It's strange to see the other side of familiar landmarks. I like to compare the scene to my map and pick out the re-arranged churches.

3. I've walked for a long time, and Alec has been cooped up in the pushchair all that time. We need a cafe stop. We share a brownie and a hot chocolate, and he works his way round the table and back again to stretch his legs.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...