Friday, May 17, 2013

Downstairs, handover and through the leaves.

1. Our friend in the shoe shop checks Alec's shoes downstairs so I don't have to drag my tired person and recalcitrant toddler up to the children's department. Her thoughtfulness is very much appreciated. I remember her helping me try on boots when I was heavily pregnant with Alec: "I'll help you in any way I can," she said, anxiously watching me bend to fasten them.

2. When I drop him off at nursery Alec is howling for bubby and saying that he doesn't want a nap. I know he wants to sleep because he has a tired face, but there is no way I'm going to nurse him off to sleep at nursery. "Bubby later," I say vaguely.
A staff member comes out and says "Hallo Alec!"
I actually feel him relax in my arms. "Bubby?" he says again, but this time with less toddler-rage.
"We'll get some milk in a cup for you," she says taking him from me. "And then you can have a lie-down." He seems quite happy with that.

3. While Alec pokes things with a stick in the shrubbery I look up at the bluest sky through the spring green leaves of the Grove's famous Turkey oak.

PS: Tunbridge Wells people, Manna on the High Street is offering suspended coffees.

Before, filler and in the recycling.

1. Getting back just before the rain. 2. Smearing filler into wall holes. 3. We have had a collection of empty Prime bottles for a while now...