Saturday, July 27, 2013

New dress, back to normal and promotions.

1. To put Bettany in a dress embroidered with Parisian scenes -- it was a gift from Nick's colleagues and he particularly commented on how much he liked it.

2. We've been unfaithful to our usual brand of washing powder -- a posh variety was on offer and I bought two large packs. It doesn't smell right. Today I emptied the last of the interloping boxes and opened a new carton of our old favourite.

3. When writing friends post messages about their e-books going cheap. I'm stuck to the sofa under a greedy Bettany and I'm gobbling down a book a day so these tip-offs are very welcome. (Here is Rosy Thornton's Ninepins for 99p, which I'm looking forward to).

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...