Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Drumming, money's worth and a bee.

1. A mysterious drumming mystifies Alec and me in the park. It seems to be coming from all directions at once because of the echo. We set off on an expedition to find it, but when I suggest it might be a giant stamping, Alec makes excuses and says we need to go back to the swings.

2. When I pick up Bettany from nursery they tell me she has soiled two nappies, which makes me feel I've got my money's worth.

3. "We spent about 20 minutes sitting in the High Street watching a bee on the ground," says Rosey when she and Alec return from their walk. "I don't think it was very well," she adds in a whisper.
"We put it in a tree and gave it some of my apple juice," says Alec.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...