Friday, June 13, 2014

Foresight, still there and sit down with a garden book.

1. I am glad I caught Bettany and removed her dress before she got into the mud pie.

2. I pass the same bench on my way home my hat is still there.

3. I now have fifteen minutes to look over Sarah Salways beautiful new book, Digging Up Paradise. I got a tiny taste of its eclectic content last night at the wonderful launch party. I wanted to know more about the now vanished Kentish pleasure garden where you could see a blindfolded man dancing a hornpipe over dozens of eggs; and to read about Sarah's experience at the magical Margate Shell Grotto.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...