Thursday, June 12, 2014

Family business, wait and the pick-up.

1. The lady who runs the ink shop has her two small children playing behind the counter and the sample prints are shots from a family photoshoot.

2. The time I spend in waiting rooms now seems like a bit of respite rather than wasted time.

3. I don't quite to like to ask as it seems a lot to expect, but Granny says "Shall I go and get Alec?" And I can stay here and calmly put Bettany to bed now while she is looking tired.

3b. As I am leaving for the launch of Digging Up Paradise, Alec pays me a very pretty compliment. I remember this and feel a little guilty later when social media guru Gaynor Edwards says she laughs whenever my normally sweet and happy Twitter stream is interrupted by an exasperated account of his tinksy exploits.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...