Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Incorrect, no bigger than a 50p and climber.

1. I have a quiet laugh at Alec playing with a pirate ship: "Ha ha, me timbers!" and later on when he tells me that he is a "bolagneer, you know, who climbs mountains." (No, I've got no idea, either).

2. As we are getting ready to leave the hairdressers a customer walks in off the street to ask about re-colouring her hair to cover a dark patch on her crown. "You know me, I'm honest," says the hairdresser. "I love the colour and I wouldn't touch it if I were you, not for that little patch. I'll do it, but I'd be charging you £60 and it's no bigger than a 50p."

3. The children are busy climbing the banks in the park. I lie on my back and look at the sky (until I realise that Bettany will soon be so high up that I won't be able to retrieve her. She looks rather horrid when she climbs, I'm sorry to say, something like Gollum, though she is very efficient).

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...